Eating Disorder Training for Nutrition Counseling
When: April 27th, 2013, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Where: Charles Hotel, 1 Bennett Street Cambridge, MA 02138
Investment: RDs $125, Interns & Students $105
Participation Limited to 20
* Become familiar with the basic psychology of eating disorders and common co-morbidities.
* Learn basic counseling & psychology terms to increase confidence when working with clients & colleagues.
* Integrate basic tenants of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and motivational interviewing (MI) into nutrition counseling sessions.
* Develop an appropriate nutrition assessment and prescription for the eating disorder patient- including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorder not otherwise specified.
* Utilize mindfulness exercises to teach difficult concepts such as hunger, fullness, and satiety.
*Get an introduction to principles of Intuitive Eating and how to integrate it into eating disorder work.
*Leave with a tool box of educational and experiential interventions and handouts for working with this population.
I will be using a wide variety of methods for this one-day workshop. This will include lecture, video, case studies, small group work, and mindfulness exercises.
For questions or to register, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Brain, Mood, Exercise, and BDNF 30-Apr-2015
- The Preserving Employee Wellness Programs Act 13-Apr-2015
- 21 Day Fix from a Passover Perspective 09-Apr-2015
- TBT: Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salad 07-Apr-2015
- Forgiveness with Alex Amarosi 31-Mar-2015
- Lent: Supporting or Derailing Your Health? 27-Mar-2015
- The Mindful Eating World Summit 23-Mar-2015
- Intuitive Eating, Obesity, Weight, and Dieting 12-Mar-2015
- National Nutrition Month: Bite Into a Healthy Lifestyle 06-Mar-2015
- EDAW 2015: Say Hello to Goodbye 28-Feb-2015
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.