Eating Disorder Training for Nutrition Counseling
When: April 27th, 2013, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Where: Charles Hotel, 1 Bennett Street Cambridge, MA 02138
Investment: RDs $125, Interns & Students $105
Participation Limited to 20
* Become familiar with the basic psychology of eating disorders and common co-morbidities.
* Learn basic counseling & psychology terms to increase confidence when working with clients & colleagues.
* Integrate basic tenants of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and motivational interviewing (MI) into nutrition counseling sessions.
* Develop an appropriate nutrition assessment and prescription for the eating disorder patient- including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorder not otherwise specified.
* Utilize mindfulness exercises to teach difficult concepts such as hunger, fullness, and satiety.
*Get an introduction to principles of Intuitive Eating and how to integrate it into eating disorder work.
*Leave with a tool box of educational and experiential interventions and handouts for working with this population.
I will be using a wide variety of methods for this one-day workshop. This will include lecture, video, case studies, small group work, and mindfulness exercises.
For questions or to register, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Tips for Thanksgiving 24-Nov-2015
- Lazy Girls Week of Healthy Eating (a la Trader Joe's) 08-Nov-2015
- Give Myself Permission to Eat All Foods? Yes! Here's How 29-Oct-2015
- My Favorite Fall Breakfast 14-Oct-2015
- Fall Products I Love & Hate 02-Oct-2015
- Big Butts, Burgers, & Weight Stigma 23-Sep-2015
- Snacking Smarts 08-Sep-2015
- Product Showcase: Fairlife 07-Aug-2015
- Solutions for Summer Social Eating 24-Jul-2015
- Food Values Save You From Our Crazy Food Culture 02-Jul-2015
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.